Font Size


wellSince 1990 a valid permit to drill, destroy, deepen, or recondition a water well is required in Modoc County. Permits are obtained from the Environmental Health Department after acceptance of a completed application, plot plan and fees. Environmental Health Department inspector must finalize the completion of each well permit.

Section 13750.5 of the California Water Code requires that any person digging, boring, drilling, deepening, reconditioning, or destroying a water well, cathodic protection well or monitoring well possess a C-57 Water Well Contractors License. A well permit must clearly identify the driller and C-57 contractor's license number.